Back to School!
We are excited to welcome new and returning students and families to AppleTree!
The first day of school for AppleTree Early Learning Public Charter School is Monday, August 20th.
Here is this year’s AppleTree Early Public Charter School’s Parent Handbook and below is some information from the Handbook to help you have a successful start of the school year. Please note that the information below is only for AppleTree Early Learning Public Charter School and for the AppleTree @schools, please contact your school for details.
Hours of Operation and School Year Calendar:
AppleTree Early Learning Public Charter School is a full-day school. The school buildings are open from 7:30 am am to 6:00 pm and the school day is from 8:45 am to 3:15 pm.
Check out the calendar for the 2018-2019 school year here.
Arrival and Departure:
- Children must be escorted into their classroom by a family member or other responsible adult at the time of arrival. The adult who drops off or picks up must sign their child into school every morning and out at the end of each school day, indicating arrival and departure times.
- It is important that children be brought to school on time so that they can participate in a full day of instruction. Children may not arrive after 9:00 am unless accompanied by a doctor’s note or other approved documentation.
Extended Day (Before Care or After Care):
- Extended Day is led by AppleTree Teaching Assistants in order to create a seamless transition between the regular school day and extended day.
- Regular components of the program include outdoor play, story time, and center time activities.
- Before care is from 7:30 am to 8:00 am and after care is from 3:15 pm to 6:00 pm.
- Participation in Extended Day is on a month-to-month basis only and for a sliding scale fee.
- Contact your school’s front office to sign up.
In order to promote an environment of academic and social success, AppleTree Early Learning PCS has adopted a mandatory dress code policy. The uniform colors for the school are blue and white.
- Navy blue or khaki pants, skirts, dresses, jumpers, shorts (warm weather)
- White or light blue long sleeve, short sleeve, knit shirt (no pictures or patterns)
- Navy blue or white sweatshirt or sweater (no pictures or patterns)
- Navy blue or white socks
- Rubber soled enclosed shoes or sneakers (no sandals, open-toed shoes or party shoes)
If you need support with purchasing uniforms, contact your Principal or social worker.
Emergency Change of Clothing:
Young children’s clothes can become dirty or soiled in the course of the school day and a change of clothes may be necessary for the comfort of the child. Parents are required to leave an extra set of clothes at school. The extra clothing should meet the standards of the uniform policy and each article should be labeled with the student’s name. An extra set of clothes includes:
- A pair of socks
- A bottom
- A top
All parents or guardians are automatically members of Parents at AppleTree (PAT) and are encouraged to participate in regular meetings. If you are interested in taking a leadership role in PAT, contact your school’s Principal.